Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Trip to California




Back in June we decided to get away from the nasty rain here in Utah and go to California for a quick vacation.

This is what it looked like when we left Utah.



And this is what California looked like when we got there. I think we made a pretty good choice. The weather was absolutely perfect. 70 degrees with a nice breeze coming off of the ocean.



We went to Knotts Berry Farm first. It was Sunday, Father's day and there was hardly anybody there. It was perfect.




The next day we drove down to San Diego and went to Sea World. We love the Journey to Atlantis ride. We actually went to Sea World twice because the second day we got in free!

Next we went and toured the USS Midway. It was amazing to see how big the thing is!

We also spent some time at the beach. This is Clint, Holly, and her friend Josie. I chose not to get in the water because of all the crap that is in it. I didn't mind just hanging out on the sand.
Bailee and Clint found a ton of shells that we had to haul home of course. We stopped at a fruit stand on our way home and bought the best oranges! I think it was the best thing I ate the entire trip! I love California but they need to get vanilla syrup to put in their coke! We had a good trip but it was a long drive home.















No comments: